Saturday, August 2, 2008
New Jersey State Fair
We went to the fair today and had a delicious, thrill-filled time. Everyone except Olivia that is...she was very overwhelmed, and completely not herself until we (much to her relief) finally got in the car to go home. She rode the merry-go-round and a pony and didn't really like either...she actually let out a blood-curdling scream when I set her on the pony and clung desperately to me the whole ride. Claire, Thomas and Benjamin loved it and kept repeating, "Thank you Mommy and Daddy, this is the best day ever." P.S. As I looked through the pics I took I could not find many smiling ones...they really did love it...I think maybe they were so sublimely happy they didn't need to smile :-).
I love this picture...it shows how fast and fun this ride was. Claire and I rode it right before them and screamed and laughed the whole time.
Thomas got brain freeze right as I snapped this picture.
Benjamin eating a chili dog...I am always happy to see this boy eat.
This is the one ride I didn't think I could handle...the boys both loved it (I want to try next year).
Cool as a cucumber before take-off (he was actually quite cool on the ride too and kept waving to me with both hands...this really annoyed Claire who told me she thought this showed he really was really nervous and was just trying to be cool and pretend he wasn't :-)).
Very delicious funnel-cake. I think I could eat deep fried white flour, with a sprinkling of sugar and cherries, for every meal and never tire of it.
Slightly nervous...this was the first ride we rode that went somewhat high.
Claire would not look at me while riding the elephant because she was afraid she would make them tip over.
The boys loved these and spent a lot of time discussing whether they liked these or bumper boats (from a vacation last summer) more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That all looks like so much fun... I haven't ever had a funnel cake but I think we are going to go to the state fair here in a month or so and I am going to have to try one. The tidbit about Claire's thought's on Bendo made me laugh out loud... she is hilarious. I still cannot believe that you guys live in New Jersey...
Oh... and I LOVE that Thomas won that pink stuffed animal for Olivia... do brothers get any nicer than that?
So fun! I want to ride an Elephant. We should go to our state fair I am sure Whitney would love it.
Wow! You have been blogging like crazy! I just had to catch up! :) You need to post how to make those cute clips. You HAVE to try the swings next time you are at the fair...they are always my fav!
Thanks! I just google imaged "home school" and found a picture that i liked. I think it actually came from HSLDA.
What wonderful memories you made!
I could eat funnel Cakes all the time too. We just got back from Silverwood with our kids and they thought it was the best vacation ever! I know why Cameron have to take an adults only trip every so often even more! It was not a relaxing time but we did manage to have fun. Sadly I forgot to bring my camera into the park the first day so I have very few pictures.
Glad you all enjoyed! Cute pictures. When Claire wouldn't look at you while on the elephant, because she thought she'd make them fall off, I thought that was hysterical.
So how far away was the State Fair?
Post a Comment