Friday, August 1, 2008

My fifth child




I'm not kidding. This baby takes up a lot of my day. Olivia is the main caretaker but if she gets tired she makes me babysit. I get in trouble if I just put baby down...unless I make her a proper bed. She uses anything she can find to make blankets...even used dishcloths, old magazines, tissue paper. Sometimes she makes JJ babysit, but it's usually me. And I must admit, I feel honored to be trusted, because she is not messing around when it comes to her baby.
Speaking of babies...my friend Timani (from high school) has six kids with her eighth on the way. That's right, her EIGHTH, she is skipping right over seven and having eight...TWINS! As you can imagine, she is feeling a bit overwhelmed (even though she is a great mother)...not only is she having twins, her husband is graduating from medical school and they have to sell their house and move for his residency. I think we all ("we" being me and anyone who happens to read this) should say a little (or big) prayer for her!

3 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That is adorable...

Anonymous said...

Agreed, very adorable

Timani said...

I'm the designated babysitter also. Except Lily doesn't make beds for her babies. The strict directions are always, "mommy, hold you" as she SHOVES the baby back in my arms. Sometimes I give up and say, "I'm putting ______ in your bed, she's going to take a nap" and the toss the baby in the crib.

Thanks for the shoutout and prayer request. Any chance you want to reserve a room for me in the neuropsyche unit? LOL! Actually I didn't cry AT ALL today! YIPEE!