Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A river runs through it







Thomas discovered a river at the back of the hotel property, so yesterday we spent some time exploring it. They all burned off a lot of energy running around and getting a little muddy. The three older kids were running around, up and down the (very) steep river banks, while Olivia pulled on me instructing me to take her to the "guys" (which is what she calls the three older children when speaking of them collectively). P.S. I know the pictures of the boys are more like silhouettes, I just like the way they highlight their personalities. P.P.S. I'm posting the picture of Claire so that someday she can say, "You were right, Mom, I should have let you do my hair."
:-)

7 comments:

Megan said...

I can't even imagine living in a hotel like that for so long with 4 kids! I hope the house hunting gets better and that you find something soon. That comment about Claire is so funny. I'm so glad all my girls still let me do their hair although they sometimes want to pick how it is styled. I'm glad you finally opened you blog so I could peek at your life all the way across the nation! We'll be moving in less than 2 wks and I haven't even started packing yet!!!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I love these pictures... it is so cute the way Olivia is holding her doll... I miss you guys!

Unknown said...

This is really from Mom but I'm using Dale's computor. Thanks for sharing those beautiful children and the fun memories! I love you all. mom

Timani said...

YAY! I'm glad you opened up your blog so I can see what's going on. I'm sad I missed you in Utah, my darn sick-pregnant thing.

Now I understand why you are currently too busy and didn't fwd me your address. :)

BTW, Ellexis doesn't let me fix her hair either unless it's something rare like curl the back. If I fix it, she has to redo it! She must think that I'd actually send her around in public looking freakish. Aren't tween girls fun? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, It's Amber Hathaway. I am so glad I found your blog. How are things going for you? Let me know. Have you been checking out my blog?
-Amber
kulanui@hotmail.com

Timani said...

Update :)

How is the house hunting? Moving anytime soon or possibly moving now?
If not, surviving hotel life w/ kids any better?

Yasmine said...

Haley--you have my sympathy. House hunting is HARD. When Jason and I did it I realized I could never build a house with him because we argued SO much about little details. New Jersey looks beautiful. I hope you guys are really happy there. I'm so glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch. Say HI to JJ for us!