Monday, January 19, 2009

Is this funny?

In this month's Reader's Digest there is an interview with Emma Thompson. She relates one of her father's favorite jokes. It's not really a joke but it makes me laugh.

An elephant walking along the jungle path meets a mouse coming in the opposite direction. They stop and look at each other with interest. The elephant finally breaks the silence and says, "Why are you so small?" And the mouse looks up and says, "I've not been well."

8 comments:

Joan said...

It's funny.

Joan said...

It's funny.

Joan said...

It's funny.

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I am totally laughing... so I guess I find it funny too.

MelissaS said...

Yeah, I pride myself on my (often off) sense of humor and this one is just not doing it for me. Glad others are enjoying it, though.

Haley said...

I hear you Melissa...I don't know why it is making me laugh so. P.S. Joan didn't mean to say it's funny three times...sometimes blogger does weird things.

Timani said...

Oh, I just figured Joan thought it was really funny, hence the 3 "it's funny" comments. :)

Sarah said...

I'm going with funny!