Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas

OOPS! I STARTED A CHRISTMAS POST ON THE 12TH AND DECIDED TO USE THAT DRAFT TO WRITE MY CHRISTAS REVIEW POST AND NOW EVEN THO' IT IS JANUARY 20TH MY POST IS DATED DECEMBER 12TH...I'LL TRY AND FIX IT TOMORROW.

Is Christmas over? I can't tell because my Christmas tree is still up. I can't take the Christmas tree down until I send the Christmas cards out because the tree reminds me about the cards (I can't just leave the cards out to remind me because then J.J. would make fun of me for sending them out late for the 12th year running). :-). I also can't blog about anything new until I get some Christmas pictures posted. So here are a few pictures from December.
Our humble, but very beloved, Christmas village (and one lonely gingerbread man):Our humble, but very beloved, Christmas wreath. Claire and I made it from clippings from the backyard...it looked so abundant in real life...why does the picture make it look sparse? I don't know. I felt so Martha Stewartesque walking around my backyard taking clippings off the bushes and trees. I can never again live without a bush with red berries.
We went to PA to cut down a Christmas tree. The day was a dream come true (I have always wanted to cut down our own Christmas tree).


Our Christmas countdown chain. We had a scripture reference written inside each link to read every night.
Claire and I go to The Nutcracker every year. I think it is my favorite tradition. We have done it since she was three and she just gets sweeter every year. The first year, when she was three, she stood up at intermission and breathlessly/dreamily announced, "I'm going to be a ballerina!" This year we went to the New York City Ballet's performance at the Lincoln Center...I don't know how to put this but...it wasn't as magical as I was expecting it to be. I only gasped one time. I'm not sure why I feel compelled to complain. Maybe because for how much I paid for tickets I would appreciate having my socks knocked off. It's still my favorite tradition.
Sometime during Christmas break we also went and walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. It was a crystal clear, perfect day. We also went to Rockefeller Center and to look at some of the Christmas store displays. I had help getting Olivia in and out of subway stations this time (no strangers needed) but it was still exhausting. I think I am definitely over going into the city with all of my kids. But see what a bright, pretty day it was...




I wish I was good at writing about feelings. Last month is just wrapped in a grateful, golden glow to me. It makes my heart gooey just thinking about it. The End.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Are you kidding me. You are exceptional at writing about feelings. The kids will always remember the magical Christmas memories you have created for your family.

Jen said...

I'm laughing about the tree being up to remind you to send the cards. HA ha ha. That is so you. Hey...if you send me YOUR address I could finish sending MY cards. LOL.

Sarah said...

Love this post Claire looks sooo cute at the Ballet. My tree is down and has been for three whole days. Its lovely to have that corner back.