Sunday, July 27, 2008

Regarding my blonde picture

One of my sisters called and said, "I think you should get another picture of yourself up on your blog soon...maybe take one where you've done your hair and post that instead." My other sister called and said, "So...do you like that picture?" I said, "I didn't think it was too bad...I just wanted to show friends/family my new hair color." She replied, "Oh, well that is a hideous picture. Your hair looks flat and stringy and the roots are terrible." I asked, "Well, does my face look bad?" She responded, "I don't know, I was too shocked by the hair. It looks like a happy mug shot." She then paused for a minute while she read through the comments and said, "I'm sure Timani gasped because it's such a hideous picture, not becaue of the hair color. Besides you really need to not go too blonde, you're quite pale, you know." P.S. The offensive picture has been removed. I will not be posting any more pictures of myself without permission of my sisters first. :-)

6 comments:

Shaundra said...

Aww, well I guess only a sister can say those things, huh? I didn't think it was so bad though.

Timani said...

LOL...I totally figured out what sister that is. The picture isn't horrible and really I did gasp because of your hair color.

I think you should put it back up!!! We've all see the "hideous"ness of it anyway. ;)

Anonymous said...

wow. only family can keep it that honest. i was leaning towards the, "it's not a bad picture at all." and I knew you were planning on changing it down the road because you said so and so...okay...whatever, you know? Anyway, you must be a strong person to listen to that stuff. :-)I guess they love you. :-)

Anonymous said...

Whatever! What I said was that you should put a picture up with your hair done as well so I could see it with your new haircut. I said it was a cute picture and that I like it blonde. GEEZ! Do not let the comments of our other sister taint mine please!

Yasmine said...

Huh. I don't remember the pic that well but I don't remember thinking it looked bad! I think you'd look pretty in ANY picture!

Anonymous said...

Good post.