
I wrote this for Haley in a letter right before she left for Russia in 1995.
The Haley Jo Poem
There's a princess from Washington,
Haley Jo is her name.
Her best friend named J.J.
is her main claim to fame.
He treats her with respect
and he treats her right;
because everyone in the world
knows she's out of sight.
Her life is full of effort
and you see it in her eyes.
When she feels she hasn't succeeded
she gets discouraged and sometimes cries.
She's the girl when I'm tired
makes me feel alive.
She's the only one with whom;
I want to spend the rest of my life.
Haley Jo, you're simply the best
and you know I don't exaggerate.
Let's make plans for the temple
because you really are that great.
You're going somewhere in Russia
and on August 8th will depart.
It'll hurt because I'll miss you
and love you with all my heart.
Love,
JJ