Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gratitude, part II

I am grateful for:
25: Playdough--every day Olivia requests that I make her a "tiny, tiny, tiny baby" and it would not be possible without playdough...I love everything about it...colors, texture, smell. 24. Yarn--without yarn I would not have had two quiet hours yesterday whilst Thomas and Benjamin, with the occasional input from Claire, created this giant spider web.

23. I heart NY t-shirts: I have always wanted one of these t-shirts. Who knew that they could be had for the astonishingly low price of 4/$10. P.S. I do not know why Olivia and Thomas are clutching giant, unpeeled carrots as snacks...I promise we have much more tempting treats in the house but for the past few days they have all been asking for carrots as snacks...they even requested them today when we had about four dozen chocolate chip cookies cooling on the counter.

22. This overflowing laundry basket. It symbolizes so much. For example, it shows that we have been blessed with so many clothes that I don't have to do laundry for over two weeks (I have been doing the kids' laundry I just haven't gotten to JJ's and mine for awhile) and we still haven't run out of clothes. It also symbolizes the fact that I have been having very fun weekends and thus can not possibly stay on top of the laundry.

21. I am also grateful for this laundry pile. I don't know what it symbolizes except for the fact that my children don't believe me when I say, "Do NOT dump laundry in front of the washing machine, put it in your hamper." Nevertheless, I am still grateful for it...I'm glad I have kids running around that make messes. It's better than kids who don't make messes or no kids at all, right? Oh also, it reminds me to be grateful for a washing machine. Whenever I have a mountain of laundry such as this, and it's cold outside, I think about how grateful I am that I don't have to wash laundry outside in the river, or heat water in a washtub once a week...my kids can never wear anything twice or drop towels on the floor everytime they use one (bless their sloppy little souls) and it is easy-peasy to just dump it all in the washing machine and walk away.

20. Lastly, I am grateful for Ryan, the awesome, who always has fun outings up her sleeve. On Saturday we went into the city for dinner and a show...we ended up seeing Mary Poppins...I L-O-V-E-D it. I can not get the lyrics, "I'm practically perfect, in every way..."out of my head (that is the only part of the song I remember). I believe I was smiling during the entire performance...I L-O-V-E-D it. Did I already say that? :-). It was strange to realize that it is the first time I have ever been to a Broadway show...I think I've imagined going so many times that I totally thought I had been to one before. It felt the same way walking around Times Square. I L-O-V-E-D it...I loved the crowds, the lights, the restaurants, the stores (woo-hoo Sephora), the illegal purse-sellers, the NYC cops, and everything!

Above: Ryan on the lighted steps in Times Square.
Below: Ryan and me in our awesome seats (the picture of the house is where the stage is...the sets were amazing!)

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH....I accidentally deleted the picture of Ryan and me in our seats and I don't know how to get it back in this spot and I don't want to start this post over!!!
Above: Look at all those fun lights!
Below: Outside the theatre.

6 comments:

Joan said...

I'm the ftp! a rare thing. I love the spider web and NYC looks thrilling.

Anonymous said...

I L-O-V-E-D this post those are all things to be so grateful for.

R.M. said...

I love that I am "the awesome"!!! That was a sweet post. I had so much fun with you at the show. We shall do it again soon! Also, I have never thought about my laundry that way!!!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Great post! I got excited right when I saw the t-shirts you had for your kids, because I knew you must have gone to the city.

Megan said...

So FUN! I want to go to NYC. I love the things you're grateful for. I'll have to try to be grateful for my laundry when I do it today. I had an I heart NY shirt when I was 8 and went ther. They look like they haven't changed!

Timani said...

Now I totally want to visit you and experience NYC and see Mary Poppins!

I think this was a fabulous post!

I will say, the Playdough threw me off, I thought that was a piece of carved hotdog at first. LOL!

The yarn, oh my kids wish you were their mom!