Sunday, October 12, 2008

City of sisterly love








On Saturday, I went to Philadelphia with a group from church for a Time Out for Women. It was super fun. The speakers were good, the music was good and the shopping (church books, pictures and music) was good. But, I must admit my favorite part was walking around and visiting while we saw the historical sites, eating ( I can still taste the Philly cheesesteaks--I swear they lived up to their reputation), and the drive--is there anything more fun than a roadtrip with the ladies (stories, bonding...so fun)?



I wish I could show you a picture of the whole fun group...unfortunately, in all of the group pictures I seem to be sporting a quadruple chin and no make-up. So I'll mostly just show the pictures I snapped while walking around.



This is the street we spent a lot of time on...I believe it was Market St. (although I can't be sure as we spent much of the day lost). Although it looks quite charming in this picture, it had a lot of action that made me not want to be wandering around on it after dark. As one of the girls said..."This is sketchy, I wonder how many people are packing heat?"












I am obviously not a food photographer because this mangled mess was soo delicious...I need to go back and get another one.



This is Erin and I showing off our sandwiches...our joy is not fake--we were so happy to be eating. In the background is June, also with our group...she is a very fun and interesting lady. Editor's note: Dana saw this picture and was very annoyed that my pinky finger is sticking out...I am very sorry if that annoys anyone else...I can't help it that I am extremely proper and ladylike...HAHAHA. Also, I tried resizing this picture but it made it fuzzy and now I can't fix it. Also, can I borrow your powder my forehead is very shiny.




This is Ryan and Angela...very fun girls. Ryan planned the whole outing...I don't think I have ever met a better social planner than Ryan. And look at Angela's (on right) lipstick...it looks fantastic and she had been eating a large sandwich!



A cool church.




A cool building. Do you like my in-depth knowledge of the city?



We made it to all of the historical sites just as they had closed for the day so we had to take pictures from the outside...it was still a thrill to see Liberty Bell!








7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo fun, I love
philly!

Timani said...

That sounds like so much fun!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That sandwich looks delicious and I didn't even notice your pinky sticking out until you mentioned it. That trip looks like a lot of fun...

Megan said...

OMGoodness!!!! Do you know who Angela is? She is my FIRST cousin!! I knew she moved to New Jersey. I check her husbands blog occasionally! That is too funny. Small world. Maybe I'll have to fly to NJ to visit you both!

Haley said...

Megan,

Incredible! I can't believe she is your first cousin! I have to call and tell her I know you!

R.M. said...

I am a very excellent social planner! LOL! Thanks friend! That was a fun trip! Gary loved the cheese steak I brought home! And we did spend most of the evening lost...what was up with that? Oh well, it was still fun!

Joan said...

Delightful reading!